ALS Laboratory Group

Industry: Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology

• Depending on the department you work in, the job can be low stress or high stress. The management, atmosphere and workload also varies. There are two things that do not vary however, and they are low pay; $14.50 for a science graduate and advancement. Advancement seems to come from high employee turnover rate, if you stay long enough, you'll be the only senior staff and they HAVE to promote you to fill the spot.

Posted on 15 October 2011 by Rater #1 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I am 100% in agreeance. I have seen many unskilled employees receive promotions because of their seniority regardless of their inabilities to hold the position. It is a sad state of affairs especially in this current economic recession when there are legitimate people who want to work and contribute to making a successful company.

Posted on 16 June 2012

Promotion by default, yes, you are right, that is exactly how bad companies end up with inept supervisors and managers. Saw this happen at other companies similar to Als, also the pay scale is similar. Seems par for the course for this industry.

Posted on 6 March 2012