ALS Laboratory Group

Industry: Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology

• ALS gave me my first job ever, and I was truly excited to be working at a laboratory, but soon discovered this company does not have anything to do with Science. Most of the positions are REPETITIVE LABOUR jobs, even the jobs requiring a Science degree can be done by a high school graduate with proper training.

The whole company "pretends" to be professional, but you can tell most of the employees despise their dead-end job, the managers promote their friends, and realize their only chance for a wage increase is possible by staying the company for 5 years and apply to be a manager, or work everyday like it's your last day on earth so they promote you to an easier task due to you having mastered your current one.

The management in almost every department pretends to do their job, but really wanders around enforcing rules that they know are meant to be broken just so it looks like they are doing something.

Luckily am a good friend with one supervisor, because we are the only smokers in our shift, and because of this relationship she turns a blind eye on me, but enforces rules on those who she doesn't like.

Just know this: if

Posted on 26 June 2012 by Rater #8 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I watched them go through over 100 people in my 4 years there so I can imagine how lame they are in Vancouver. Sadly this crap can be traced all the way to Austrailia. Our government needs to realize employers like this create more harm than good in Canada.

Posted on 17 July 2012