Bank of Canada

Taille de l'entreprise : Grande (Plus de 500 employés)

Industrie : Banques, Assurances, Services financiers

• I worked in HR at the Bank and cannot comment with great details about other departments but I can say with certainty that this is by far the worst HR organisation I have ever worked for or even heard of. In all work places you will have to deal with lazy, stupid and/or incompetent people, but nowhere have I ever heard of them being in the majority! Even in upper management! And these traits are celebrated in a self righteous manner on a daily basis and yearly at review time. Nepotism is rampant, many people coming from the same small villages or living on the same street across the river. Performance reviews are politically motivated and riddled with rating errrors. Competent people with a functioning brain bringing logical, modern and innovative solutions to problems they encounter will quickly become ennemy #1 and draw the ire of the majority who would rather let things fix themselves. And yes, this is the HR department I am talking about. There are few true HR professionals here and the few that manage to survive or keep their sanity are very discouraged, unappreciated and overworked from having to cover for the inabilities of others.

The really sad part is that the benefits and compensation are above average and the Bank could truly be one of the best employers in the country but with the complete absence of guidance or better yet example coming from HR, they will never get there. There is no will and they are constantly negating their ability to do so.

I left because I felt like I was in an asylum more reminiscent of Orwell's animal farm than a workplace. This is truly a park your brain at the door environment. A travesty to tax payers. You can see your tax money being wasted first hand here... but at least benefit from it in another way.

Publié le 24 mars 2012 par Évaluateur #10 | Signaler comme inapproprié

Commentaires

Still the same in 2021!!

Publié le 11 septembre 2021

No change in 2020

Publié le 16 juin 2020

This is still the case in 2020!

Publié le 16 juin 2020

HR must be trained to support managers at all costs - even those who bully, humiliate and demean their more talented employees. If you want to do well at the BofC then you had better be mediocre at best

Publié le 3 novembre 2012

I do not work in HR but this is a strong clue as to why things are so wrong in other areas. It also does not surprise me given the dealings I have had with the HR department.

Publié le 12 juin 2012

Well written, thank you. Your sanity or bread and butter?

Publié le 2 mai 2012

Correction: Animal Farm but the pigs are more self righteous than bright.

Publié le 25 mars 2012