BC Ambulance Service

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• By far the worst employer I ever had. Treat employees like garbage especially if you are part time. With that comes no benefits, no regular wage. (Ranges from 2-11 dollars an hour unless called out) even though working side by side with full time employees paid a regular salary and receiving full benefits and holidays even though all are equally trained and qualified. Management and union executive are unbelievably disconnected from the employees.
    If you love this type of work go out of province!! Don't be like myself and many others whom stuck around hoping one day PHSA or BCAS would eventually come around and improve our working conditions only to be disappointed yr after yr....
    BCAS doesn't want to be in existence any longer and appears to be setting up for self failure is the only explanation for such an inepetly run organization. I feel the government hopes for alternate service providers to come in and take over....

Posted on 13 August 2016 by Rater #161 | Flag as inappropriate