BC Ambulance Service

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• Managers are allowed to make what ever mistakes they choose and the only way to go about correcting those is through the grievance process with a union that tells you it will take to long and wont be worth it. Basically you are left to correct mistakes you weren't responsible for and have to fight every day for a job you earned. I stay because I love to help people and have compassion for the patients we treat, I just wish the management would implement the same Values they list on their website.

Posted on 1 August 2017 by Rater #164 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

It appears that Managers are making mistakes because the rules or direction of the company changes frequently. How can they keep up with almost weekly changes to Learning, Dispatch, Ops and HR. What is termed a "dynamic work environment" is appearing like disarray and persistent miscommunication. BCAS's "big picture" is blurry and it shows with more and more street level managers trying to compensate for a broken system. I know, I know- "just wait, it's going to get better..." I'm frustrated, I can only imagine how they feel.

Posted on 2 August 2017