BC Ambulance Service

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• This is a major provincial company that is run terribly. If BCAS was in private industry, they would fail and be out of business in a year. The managers are generally terrible with minimal care for staff. There are many who ignore provincial standards and run their own little kingdoms that they rule. The other scary thing is the number of substance abusers who take 'something' to deal with the stress of the job and the shift schedule. It is a shame that the general public thinks BCAS is good when they are sadly misinformed and not aware of how horrible the business model is. I strongly suggest people seriously look into the service prior to joining and consider other organizations to join. By the way, I have been in the service since 2003 and the only reason I stay is to support the small community I live in... but even that is becoming challenging with the increased 'drama' in the service.

Posted on 7 April 2018 by Rater #167 | Flag as inappropriate