Beelineweb.com

www.Beelineweb.com

Size of company: Small (1 - 49 employees)

Industry: Advertising, PR, Marketing & Related Services

• First things first. This is an honest rating from an honest-to-God existing employee of Beelineweb.com. I am no shill. I am no manager. Nor am I "genetically linked" to the owners of the company. Nor am I posting this review out of feeling pressured. It's directly from my heart (the heart of a very strong-minded individual I might add).

As someone who has had ample professional experience in the working world with multiple employers, I can assure anyone reading this that Beelineweb.com has been, hands-down, the best company I've ever worked for. The pay and the benefits are easily in the top range of what one could hope for from a company of this size (or any company, really). And the people make every day enjoyable. (Plus, trust me, I am not the "cliquish" type.) They respect me for who I am.

Recognition for a job well done is something the owners excel at and care very much to show. I've never felt undervalued or that my hard work wasn't rewarded. I go in every day knowing that I'll be appreciated for my efforts.

Here's the thing I've learned about working for someone else. It is always YOUR choice to be there. This is a free society. If you don't like the office culture of a place, you have free will to leave on your own terms. Every work environment everywhere has its own idiosyncrasies to get used to. You are unlikely to ever find the perfect office culture that perfectly matches your temperament and values (unless you create your own company and work to create it yourself).

Plus, beginning a new job always requires an adjustment phase. It takes time to feel comfortable no matter how great the employer might be. When I started at Beelineweb.com, I certainly felt like a fish out of water. I didn't know anyone, and I was a little unsure of myself and my skills. But it's always been like that for me. I always feel a little discouraged for the first couple of months. But as you get to know your coworkers, your bosses, and your job better, those feelings ease and your confidence returns.

We have certainly had some people come and go, like any company. We strive to maintain a cheerful, positive atmosphere and a physical environment that feels good to work in. But, sometimes, new hires don't "get" us right away. I know I didn't (and this is coming from somebody who really wanted to work in a place like that). Like some of our past hires, I had a little trouble even making eye contact or returning a simple "Hello" or "Good morning" at first. New jobs are overwhelming that way. And that's why it is hardly ever a good vantage point from which to judge.

Because my previous experiences were so different, I really had to work on changing the coping habits and attitudes I'd developed over many years of working in places that were closer to the opposite of that atmosphere. But I put in the effort, and I'm glad I did. Do I like every decision my bosses make? No, of course not. But, heck, I don't even like every decision I make. Bosses are people too. It's lonely at the top. But the bosses here are definitely doing their best. And that's all one can really hope for. I give them my all because of it.

At the end of the day, joining Beelineweb.com has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. Honest.

Posted on 14 April 2012 by Rater #12 | Flag as inappropriate