Dollarama

• After reading several complaints here, I found that based on my personal experience these complaints are true! Do NOT work for these people in Saskatchewan. The encourage bullying, insults, intimidation and threats. They ignore safety and fire code laws. Do NOT let your teenager ever work for Dollarama they will be put in harms way! They talk the good talk yet ignore their own policies on health and safety as well as basic HR principles. If you like being bullied and underpaid then please do work for them. I have spoken with many employees in Saskatchewan and worked in several stores here and it's the same all around. Harassment, bullying and out right physical threats. I over heard a store manager not only be rude to a customer, she also threatened an employee to "pull her hair out by the roots". Their actions are immoral, and illegal. The best thing we can do is spread the word and file appropriate complaints to government agencies. Don't let them get away with this. Stand up for yourself and your rights as a human being.

Posted on 3 October 2011 by Rater #54 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

at the store where I worked even after being reprimanded by the labour board for not having proper health and safety meetings and paperwork the employee representative was handed completed meeting minutes for a meeting that never happened and told to sign them and was not allowed to be left alone with the labour board rep when he asked to see her( so she couldnt tell him anything)

Posted on 25 October 2012

I agree about fire codes, we just had a Dollarama near me burn to the ground because there were no sprinklers, go figure!

Posted on 10 April 2012

My 17 year old son worked for a store here in Calgary for 3 weeks and loved the new job. After 3 weeks, he got called in by someone he had not met before, he and his friend were told they had been doing a great job, but due to a store opening being delayed they were being laid off after only 3 short weeks. They were asked to sign a document, and being young they signed without reading it. They have now received separation documents by mail and it states that they quit. This is incorrect and I feel management of the store is not being honest or fair with these youngsters. The entire store is staffed by a certain ethnic group, and I have to wonder if these boys didn't quite fit the racial profile, but maybe served a 3 week purpose while management they found a better "fit".

My son was very excited to work for the organization, and is very disappointed. I plan to get the document changed to say layoff vs. quit. Wish me luck.

Posted on 29 February 2012

a district manager that tells employees they are "a dime a dozen at the bus stop"

Posted on 29 January 2012

Absolutely true. There is an abusive policy in place that allows managers to treat people unfairly, blame them for their (the managers’) own wrongdoing and no procedure for the employee to challenge and inquiry or even ask for evidence.

Posted on 15 December 2011