EnCana Corporation

Industry: Mining and Oil and Gas Extraction

• Overall it is an okay company, salaries are pretty low though as they try to justify it with the "whole package" of stocks and days off and vacation, but many other companies offer the same incentives and with decent salaries and better share performance. But, most noticably is the constant promotion of people who are connected or related and everyone who is not in the "chosen in crowd" are the real worker bees and alot smarter. Not a bad deal if you are a young buck and new and don't notice for a few years, but once you are there a while you start to look around and reality hits you.

Posted on 7 July 2010 by Rater #4 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Very poor technical and personal skills. They only survided because of the old assessts. It is dominated by white people with no diversity. Their campus recruitment team is full of racists. They will never hire anyone of different ethnic background. By the way, I am white.

Posted on 26 June 2013

Unfortuantely I have to echo these sentiments. It's a very political environment with the higher ups in the company really knowing very little about their areas. There are a couple of shining stars in the organization but all in all a tough place to be.

Posted on 12 December 2011

Perfectly well put! Exactly what I am seeing. Thank you.

Posted on 12 August 2010