EnCana Corporation

Industry: Mining and Oil and Gas Extraction

• I hated my time at Encana.I'm new to the province and only heard people say amazing things about this company, but I suppose that's all an outsiders view. People in Alberta would kill to work there. You can HAVE my old job. I felt the people that I personally worked with only held their position due to their connections to the Executive team. I felt I had more knowledge and skill than half the people I delt with on a daily basis and I had never worked in Oil and Gas prior to my employment at Encana. Beacuse I was entry level, I was treated with such disrespect by employees that had been there for some time. They talk down to you, steal and use your ideas as their own and they don't care who they step on to get to that next pay bracket. Its disgusting. If you don't make what their making and live the life they do...forget it...your just another somebody. Encana is so cut throat it makes me sick. I worked on a team, and during the holidays a select few got appreicated for the work they accomplished during the year...why? Because they were liked? How is that moral and ethical? How is that increasing team moral and motivation? I don't care if you get paid $30,000 or $100,000 a year...treat everyone with the same respect you would expect.

If your thinking of applying at Encana, enjoy your fancy holiday party where everyone gets wasted and talks about the new $80,000 car they bought, and benifits. Because, seriously the only good thing about working there is the Friday's off, one less day you have to spend there.

Posted on 26 April 2012 by Rater #6 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Thanks for your honesty. Not every department is like that, but lots of points are right on.

Posted on 14 June 2012

Sounds like Alberta work place politics

Posted on 12 May 2012

I see it hasn't changed!

Posted on 26 April 2012