Extendicare Canada Inc.

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• Management enjoy having meetings to make themselves feel needed. Too many long term employees (25+ yrs) who are set in their ways or unable to change with modern technology. These ppl are never replaced because the payout would be too much so the younger employees have to pick up the slack while the old folks continue on with their inefficient pen and paper ways. Lots of good things working for extendicare but I think the bad outweigh the good. This company needs to come into the modern age, most of management are practically day oners and feel if it worked in 1977 why change it. Very frustrating working here. Some mangement act as if they have all this power but when it comes down to it, they can't or won't effect change. I think Extendicare might be responsible for the depletion of entire forests annually with the amount of paper used, on the flipside, they keep Iron Mountain and cabinet makers in business.

Posted on 27 December 2010 by Rater #4 | Flag as inappropriate