FedEx / Federal Express Canada ltee

Industry: Transportation (freight), Warehousing

• I worked at the call center in Richmond, B.C. and it was the worst decision I have ever made.The management team is all run by office politics as the senior manager of the call center is not qualified to do his job and promotes a culture of backstabbing to make himself look better. They treat everyone like children and give jello and pens and crackers as they believe that this will motivate staff but this just makes reps angry and feel demeaned.

Posted on 22 February 2011 by Rater #11 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

You are one angry bunch of call center people....

Posted on 17 February 2012

I spent a few years in that call center and i have to say it was not a enjoyable place to work. Most of the employees stay because they make 16-19 dollars per hour and know they are not qualified to make more money anywhere else. Promotions do not exist and trying to get a certain day off is basically impossible. The managers are a hilarious group of unqualified characters that will promise something to you one day and then deny that the conversation ever took place the next day. It's absolutely hilarious how the managers and manager assistance people trash and disrespect the senior manager behind his back and act like there best friends infront of his face. Bottom line the Vancouver call center for fed ex is a depressing place to be.

Posted on 14 April 2011

Instead of paying the reps what they are worth, the reps are rewarded with candy and doughnuts and chips and pens and singing. The reps find this insulting. Every year the reps are then encouraged to rate the call center high in numerous surveys and if you don't the senior manager and managers will make your life miserable as they cheat on these surveys by telling us what to put and changing the answers on the paper surveys. it is a big scam to make themselves look like the best call center which they aren't. they cheat so that they look like a better call center than the Montreal and Toronto call centers.

Posted on 27 March 2011

I worked there also and it was the worst working experience ever. The Richmond call center senior manager is not qualified to do his job and neither are his managers. The managers resent the senior manager and talk about him behind his back and there is too much office politics. Promotions are not based on qualifications but a popularity contest.

Posted on 27 March 2011

What is pay like there as a courier? And is there full time work?

Posted on 10 March 2011