• Working for this company was like having every graphic design nightmare client as your boss.

Many visual design projects I experienced were poorly planned from the PM perspective. They didn't want to test different designs and gave little to no resources or references to work with. The amount of project rework trying to meet their unclear expectations was silly. Many projects were canceled or not portfolio-worthy. Some individuals were micromanagers that tried to backseat design. Others just had no clue what they were talking about and were insecurely trying to use design terms they didn't understand to try and impress me. It often seemed like they didn't know what they wanted but often wouldn't accept any suggestions made.

Work frequently would dry up and end up doing tasks that weren't part of my skill set. Quickly became a dead-end job.

They would be better off hiring an outside designer when they need it rather than having one in-house. Could only recommend it to someone in need of a temp job while looking for something better.

The WFH options were nice, and on paper the hourly pay is great. But there weren't enough hours to make it worthwhile and the work was unrewarding.

Posted on 27 April 2022 by Rater #2 | Flag as inappropriate