Pharmaprix

• I'm quite confused by the negative comments on here. I've been at Shoppers for 3 months now and so far, so good. I've worked at other retail chains before, and I don't see why people are rating it as badly as they are. Retail is customer service, and customer service takes a lot of work, often thankless. But I knew that going into it. I'd take this job over the shoe store chain I was at before. Any day.

Posted on 17 December 2010 by Rater #527 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

c19: Have you no empathy? I care as NO ONE should ever be treated in such a manner. It doesn't matter who. There's no excuse for such behavior, especially actions like that coming from the CEO.

Posted on 22 December 2010

Don't believe these head office schills, it's not Sunshine and Lollipops in SDM. Find a better company to work for, I did!!

Posted on 22 December 2010

Commenter 19, people care because no one should abuse those they work with, even if they are the CEO..

Posted on 20 December 2010

If the shark is snapping at the big fish, he'll eat the guppies . Swimming with a pool of minnows wont help you.

Posted on 19 December 2010

Why can't people accept on here that some of us like working for Shoppers? The second poster wrote that the CEO yells at people in staff meetings - even if that's true who cares? What difference does that make to a cashier? Geez... As long as you manager, co-workers, and associate are easy to get along with it's really irrelevant to someone in that position.

Posted on 19 December 2010

If you've ever worked 20 days in a row preparing for a store tour only to be told you had a clipstrip in the wrong spot or are missing a couple labels, you'd know why people are complaining. If you have to write yet another action plan to your DM to explain why your hours are so high last week even though you had to train 2 new cashiers but your labor budget doesn't allow for training hours, you'd know why people are complaining. When you get questioned about the amount of holes you have in your store even though the holes were created by DC, you'd know why people are complaining. When you get criticized for have a messy backroom even though 12 skids just showed up, you'd know why people are complaining. When you have to deal with DMs and VPs that only know how to threaten and intimidate , you'd know why people are complaining. When you have to deal with non-stop complaints from customers about long lineups and there's no one else to call, you'd know why people are complaining. When you have to take down and put up 50,000 talkers before the flyer starts on Saturday morning and theres no one to do it, you'd know why people are complaining. When you've sacrificed your family, your personal life and your health for a company that never once shows any appreciation. you'd know why people are complaining.
People are complaining because they're fed up with the direction this company is headed. You can't fix something if you don't know it's broken. Well the employees of Shoppers are letting everyone know, this company is broken and needs fixing !

Posted on 19 December 2010

lol. I wish. Real SDM peeps represent.

Posted on 19 December 2010

Sounds to me like comm #1 is a schill for the UAPF. That's just as credible as being a HO schill. Is there a way to ban schillers on this site?

Posted on 19 December 2010

Like clockwork. I just stepped away to watch a bit of TV, came back and refreshed the page and found this last comment. (It's me, #12). Thanks for the words of support c13 - I don't have the same perspective about the need for change, but I suppose that makes me an arse kisser to some. Anyway, I do wish people would tone it down a notch or two.

Posted on 18 December 2010

Hey #12 and #12. You're idiots. Complete idiots. Have you not heard about the revolution with the UAPF? Have ya? Huh? Change is coming, but only if we revolt, and only if you smarten up. Oh, and we don't need sob tears in these forums.

Posted on 18 December 2010

I agree with you #12. I'm someone who wants to see change from the top, but I respect people who have different opinions and some of the negative people on here are completely over the top. Oh and before any of you accuse me of being a HO brown noser, let me say it again in case you missed it in my second sentence above. I want to see change at the top.

Posted on 18 December 2010

I find it hilarious that anyone who says something positive is automatically an HO arse kisser. Does that make negative commenters lazy workers, people who don't have what it takes? My guess is not - but that's because I don't jump to ridiculous conclusions like some of you have. God almighty, the vitriol is excessive sometimes.

Posted on 18 December 2010

comm #8 your comment about being the fall guy taking the blame for everyone else mistake is so true I took the blame for an associates mistake and ended up being terminated (I also was a fsm who loved my job and worked very hard everyday)

Posted on 18 December 2010

You're lucky you've only been turned into a tech. I'm now the FSM, Receiver, Store Admin, Merchandiser, Assistant Associate and when neseccary, Cashier/Supervisor. Oh yeah, I'm also the one that takes blame for everything that isn't done. Who am I ?

Posted on 18 December 2010

i must agree with c8 - I love my job, my staff, my asscociate, my customers, my store and my profession. At our pharmacist conference it was mentioned tht SDM was going to lead the profession of pharmacy from within the company. What a joke?? How can we as pharmacists work at what we are qualified to do if our main priority is filling prescriptions. I worked today with one tech 11-6. I worked 8-4. We expect to do 140 rx's as well as catch up with another 150 or so that can't be done during the week. We must also council all new prescriptions, answer 5 lines handle the in and out counters and take people to the washroom because there is no one working in the front. Remember this is the busiest time of the year and we have no staff. I don't have anytime to do medchecks,I don't have time to do any diabetic training, I did not get a washroom break, nor a coffee, nor any thing to eat. This is what I hate- we have been turned back into techs by a bunch of uneducated power seekers. It is a recipe for disaster.I really don't care what head office thinks. Our motto is - is it legal, is it safe. I'll stick with this even if it means turning away business to some pharmacy down the street.

Posted on 18 December 2010

I'm not a "H.O. arse kisser" , I'm a long term FSM, and believe it or not, I do love my job and the people I work with. I work very hard, long hours, and take a lot of pride in what I do.
What I don't like is the present regime running the company . They have turned it into a very stressful environment full of overworked, underappreciated employees. DMs and VPs rule with an iron fist mentality through fear and intimadation tatics. Labour hours have been reduced so drastically that we are unable to accomplish everthing that is expected of us. Infinity , LST and the scheduling system only serve to make an already difficult job more unbearable. DC sends out MOGS and I get blamed for having too much stock in my backroom. They short ship the items I order and I get blamed for being out of stock. Its a no win situation with the FSM always being the fall guy for someone else's mistakes.
Do I lo love my job ? The answer is yes, but I hate what H.O has done to it. I'm glad the Associates have taken a stand with thier newly created organization to fight for their rights as business owners. Maybe its time the employees create an organization to fight for their rights as hard working employees that actually do love their jobs.

Commenter #5,
what is shameful is that the majority of positive comments are fake ones written by H.O. arse kissers that want to smooth over all the discontent here.

327 comments followed by over a 1000 replies and the people that found the comments helpful are many more.

Sdm is a sinking ship plain and simple...and we all know it!

Posted on 18 December 2010

Folks are sensitive after being made to feel that they individually were the problem, when it is coming out now that these serious issues are in fact systemic.

Of course there are happy workers, but many of us know that with some changes being part of this company could be a source of pride for all.

Posted on 18 December 2010

This is C2 and I do work in a store. Like the rater said...some people do actually working for their Associates and Shoppers. It's shameful when someone provides positive feedback and others jump all over them.

Posted on 18 December 2010

C3 is right. RME is almost an SDM website by this point. CO could sustain their pillaging of a great Canadian company until web 2.0 became mainstream... The "tipping point" is right!!

Posted on 17 December 2010

Yeah 327 people. The largest group of commentors from any employer in Canada. BY FAR. Again , HR PERSONAL I don't understand why the efforts to downplay. The movement is on. Go read the tipping point

Posted on 17 December 2010

While many of the comments on here are negative, there's only 327 ratings while there are like 45,000 people that work for Shoppers. So it's seems like a pretty small percentage to me. I think it's a small group of disgruntled people who keep commenting here.

Posted on 17 December 2010

Another newb. Great. Time to educate you about the company. Next year all stores are expected to cut MORE hours. The CEO is not a people person. He shouts and swears at people in meetings and looks down on people. Wages were frozen despite the fact it recorded record profits. During this time they also issued raises and bonuses in HO and hired another BOD with a huge salary.

You obviously didn't read any of the comments. Confusion? Everyone here hates the CEO and the company filled with bean counters. It's getting worse as time continues ticking away. Hell, even associates are getting fed up. Didn't you read about the lawsuit? Didn't you catch the association that is unifying associates and trying to compliment PEERS? Didn't you even read anything here?