Porter Airlines

Industry: Tourism, Travel, Passenger transportation

• Here's the deal as I found out when applying / interviewing for a call centre management position.

Porter Airlines has you fill in an application form while waiting for your scheduled interview (remember when you would try to balance a clipboard on your lap so you could squeeze in information into boxes that were ridiculously small, the same information that's on the resume which got you the interview). On top of filling in their application form, you are asked to sign a consent to disclosure of personal information, fill in a credit check form and the receptionist asked for a photo ID she could photocopy. I refused to hand over my ID, didn't bother filling in the application form or any other form, had a 1/2 hour interview with their VP of Sales & Marketing (very rude and fill of himself) and surprise, surprise didn't get the job. The pay for call centre agents by the way is $12.00 / hr (no incentives). Yes, a huge company like Porter Airlines pays $12.00 / hr in 2012 in Toronto.

I won't mention the ferry you have to take to get to the island airport will add no less than 20 minutes to your commute to a job that will barely pay the rent in Toronto.

Posted on 21 May 2012 by Rater #4 | Flag as inappropriate