Porter Airlines

Industry: Tourism, Travel, Passenger transportation

• Extremely low pay starting at $21K/year for FAs. This company stated small and those who were there from day one are thick as thieves. It's more of a popularity contest than a job. If someone does not like you, one word to their friends in management and you are going to be fired. Also, if you are coming from a big commercial airline like AC, EK or CX beware. Porter employees are extremely threatened and jealous of crew that had real jobs, flying real aircrafts to real destinations around the world. When I was there I saw at least three ex-crew from these airlines get fired/let go because someone did not like them. This caveat also stands for flight deck crew. Terrible company, terrible management and lousy pay.

Posted on 31 July 2012 by Rater #5 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I still work there. Hopefully not for long. I just recently heard about this site. Lets say I was told about it by someone who is NOT at an entry level position. Everything here is true. If you do join the company, be careful about how much you give. They will take and take and take.

Posted on 17 December 2012

Terrible company, terrible management and lousy pay indeed. they walk all over you to move up.

Posted on 16 August 2012

Terrible company, terrible management and lousy pay. indeed. they walk all over as much as they can

Posted on 16 August 2012