Porter Airlines

Industry: Tourism, Travel, Passenger transportation

• Porter airlines is the most unprofessional company I have ever worked for. They changed the terms of my employment after I was hired and the offer letter was already signed. They expected me to be at meetings during my days off, and without pay. The management at Porter was absolutely awful, unjust, unfair, and I really wish I had sued the company for the many labour law violations that occured while I was there. Porter desperately needs a union to protect it's employees because there is no where to turn unless you have the funds to hire a lawyer which they know their employees can't afford on such small salaries. The stress of working here (actually, I should say the stress of "dealing with management" here) on only a part-time basis lead to me quitting my job after only 1 year of employment. It was very unfortunate as I did enjoy the job itself, the company was just very poorly run by the wrong people. Oddly enough, it's customers love them but it's employees hate them.

Posted on 3 February 2014 by Rater #9 | Flag as inappropriate