Sanjel Corporation

Industry: Mining and Oil and Gas Extraction

• WOW !!!
    I am totaaly shocked and disheartened by the lack of respect for the compnay that I have been at sicne 1991.
    Yes, some of these negative comments may be true but there is ALOT of good things GREAT working for Sanjel.
    This is a company that is NOT for everyone and you will get out from Sanjel what you decide to put in.
    We are a service company and due to the nature of the Oil Field Business, we work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and NEVER CLOSE. For all of you who feel betrade and feel you work too many hours for the pay....This job is not for you. Back when I started, there was no hotels available, no sleepers on the trucks, no airbags on some units,no air conditioning except for a some fan in the corner of the windshield, no fuel cards or visas within the company and it was first in first out regardless of hours.....That was just the way it was...
    Sanjel has come along way from then. your bonus was from $50-$90 and that was it. Bonus and a half was collected after 15 jobs in a month. There was no training. Training was done in the field and depended on your motivation to learn and move up.
    I will agree that it is hard work both on the employee and a marriage. It takes stron will and committment. Sanjel os a great place to call a career IF YOU WANT IT!!! If you do not want a career and just want money, then this is not for you.
    If you actually sit down and talk to LONG TIME Sanjel employees like myself and others, you will understand and learn that with dedication, committment, a stong head and will to succeed, you and your family can and will have a very good life. Trust me when i say that if you satrt at Sanjel when you are 20-23 years old and give it your all, you can retire at 40-45 yrs old with a home paid for, ATVs, a lake lot and money in the bank. You can travel and use company discounts.
    It is a HARD job and long hours for sure, but SANJEL IS NOT for a person who wants to work 8-10 hours/day and have weekends off. I quit once for a few years but came back and alomst at 19 years total with Sanjel. I am not a manager and still love what i do. I dont have to punch a clock, I work with a great bunch of guys, I work 9 months a year and then i get 20-25 days holidays paid for so that make it 8 months a years of total work... We have 3 months total craziness of work and then we relax for break up and then gear up for winter again... For those of you who do not agree with me, then you should just move on to a different chapter in your life. Sanjel is not for you and thats fine... Just dont put down the company that has grown very fast over 30 years and of course goes through growing pains every year.... I have seen every lay off and seen alot of people come and go. I will see alot more people come to Sanjel and alot more leave. Sanjel is a great career and you will get out what you put into it. Be strong and dedicated... I do have to say that YES, i wish Don Mac would have kept the reins but he built his empire and is very well deserved a great retirement. After all he built Sanjel from scratch and dedicated his life to the company. Good on him. He gave my family a great life and my son is able to do things alot of kids in his school were not able to do. Dont give up on the hand that feeds you and be proud of the company you work for , no matter where it is... if you don't like it there, move on and find somewhere else. Good luck in your choice. For me , I say ..."Thank You Don & Sandy Mac"

Posted on 17 June 2013 by Rater #127 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

My grammer has nothing to do with anything. Geeeezzz!! LOL

Posted on 20 June 2013

I have been here off and on for 10 years.
When I finish up in a couple of weeks my story and photos of what dispatchers did to my safety gear recently as a joke - cut the lock off my locker after hours - will disgrace the original poster.

Posted on 20 June 2013

Who ever wrote this review really needs to go back to school and learn proper english. The review had terrible grammar and spelling. As for the truth well numbers do speak the truth in this case.

Posted on 17 June 2013