• I have never felt so used and taken advantage of in a kitchen job. I was hired on shortly after the grand opening as part of a small prep crew that worked closely with management. I received positive feedback on my job performance, was actively engaged in problem solving and decision making, and was generally made to feel like a valued member of the team. We were understaffed, underpaid, and overworked the whole time. I made less in an hour than it would cost me to buy a single salad from the store, my 7-hour shifts often turned into 9 hour shifts, without breaks, but I felt like my work was appreciated so I didn't really mind.
    Then I was fired without being told why after unknowingly helping to train my own replacement.

I've been screwed over and put up with a lot of crappy kitchen jobs but I've never been manipulated the way management manipulated me at Sister's Mart.

Posted on 4 July 2024 by Rater #1 | Flag as inappropriate