• My previous employer decided to outsource the majority of their IT services to TCS. Our positions, salaries, benefits were matched and we were transitioned to TCS. I’ve been in IT for over 30 years and this has to be the worst employer ever. The only good thing was that it made my decision for early retirement an easy one. Monthly mandatory training will take up about 15% of your time. This is not technical training, but corporate training. If you can’t get this done during business then you will need to complete on your own time. Being non-compliant may freeze your timesheet, delays in getting paid. You will get spammed by corporate, average 30-40 e-mails/day mostly from India. The culture is toxic, no one takes accountability, no hesitation in throwing coworkers under the bus. Tickets get continuously bounced from team to team so forget about prompt project delivery or incident resolution. Annual pay increases are pretty much non existant, performance evaluation exceeds expectation gave a 1% raise. You may receive “gems” as recognition, usually the equivalent of $5 Amazon gift card. They will try send the bulk of the work offshore (India) where salaries are 50-60% less, and only keep the highly skilled seniors onshore and hope they don’t quit or retire. This is truly an IT sweatshop.

Posted on 21 July 2022 by Rater #3 | Flag as inappropriate