University of Victoria

Industry: Education, Training

• I temped at UVic in a few different departments. Some of the people are nice, but it is a typical union environment. Short days, lots of holidays, very little work, and very high dissatisfaction from staff. The pay is decent for Victoria, but standard in terms of other universities or gov't work. And of course, they were responsible for major fraud, compromising thousands of employees' & past employees' personal banking and credit information when they were broken into (no security on a ground-floor office). Ridiculous!

Posted on 16 March 2012 by Rater #7 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

It is impossible to get hired as staff at Uvic in general. Even if you have to skills for the job, you won't get on staff unless you already know people inside who can speak for you to the decision makers. Talent matters little as political connections matter more.

Posted on 6 June 2012

It's too bad when large organizations are forced to move heaven and earth to clean up the shitty fan, everyone is hit with massive stress and appeared that everyone in the organization is @#$%^

Posted on 13 April 2012

Fortunately for me, my last Uvic work was in 2006. The stolen employee data was 2007 onwards. Large organizations grow lazy and complacent until the shit hits the fan. Then they are forced to move heaven and earth to fix the problems ASAP.

Posted on 16 March 2012