University of Victoria

Industry: Education, Training

• The university does not recognize, reward or promote employees based on contribution. If you are a high performer who is looking for an environment where this will be recognized and rewarded this is not the place for you. This comment applies to staff positions and it may be different for faculty.

Posted on 27 October 2012 by Rater #9 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I have worked for 3 UVic departments and even gone to school there. I know some regular staff their too from my past term jobs. I still can't get on staff with UVic despite my past term work for BC Government related agencies and the Federal Government departments. They say I have impressive work experience, but oh they can't hire me because probably I am still not good enough. UVic is a waste of time to apply for any job or department. You may have better luck with the private sector. However, Greater Victoria is known for its uptight culture and dumpy job market in any jobs. Your chances of getting on with the private sector is slim too. You should just move to Alberta and Saskatchewan, leave BC. Look up the bad comments about BC and Victoria on the www.topix.com web site. You will get the big picture.

Posted on 16 March 2013