University of Victoria

Industry: Education, Training

• Awful place to work for. They demean and intimidate employees and then use words like "poor demeanor" and "standoffish" in reviews. Communication is terrible, they just don't know what they're doing. Workers aren't properly punished for breaking work safe practices, in fact most of them are high when they make the errors they do. A toxic work environment I would liken to a high school. People need to grow up and do their job properly.

Posted on 3 April 2015 by Rater #10 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

A toxic environment(counselling services); management doesn't provide guidance or expectations for a newly created position. Feedback is given in a harsh, abusive, belittling manner. Professional people with years of experience are treated with mistrust and skills are unrecognized. Management allows bullying to occur stating that this is the "personal style" of the manager when in fact it is inappropriate abuse of power. Shame on you, uvic for allowing workplace bullying to continue.

Posted on 12 August 2018