Wal-Mart Canada

• I began working at Walmart in auguast of 2010, as a flood sales associate, i started at a bad time as several managers had just been transfered my manager was on vacation so the only person left to train me and i must say he is an absolutely amazing man he was understanding and coperative, even when it took me more time than it should have for me to learn my duties, the Co manager (between assistant and store manager) was doing my schedgual at this point and asked me how much i would like to work , the answer "alot" did not go unheard, and 13 consecutive 9 hour shifts followed for the following 7 or 8 months i was very happy with my job , untill my manager was promoted and his replacement was an absolutely idiotic lady who found it necessary to tell everyone that she got her job from her intelligence not her looks, the following day she asked me to mop out the freezer, i put up with her for a month, watched my hours get cut, her best friends son become a favored employee and the department fall to pieces , so i left, comming back a month and a half later as a receiving employee i was absolutely shocked at how well i was treated he compensated my 3 weeks of vacation i need this summer, reinstated my seniority and gave me a raise, although its not the best money in the world it could by far be worse i absolutely love my job now, working full time with great people in an environment i love, having managers who have no problem jumping inside of a truck and hand bombing boxes shows me that they do not feel superior to others, all in all if walmart had a better pay scale i would consider becoming a "lifer"

Posted on 7 June 2011 by Rater #4 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Comments 2, I once applied for a 2nd PT retail job at Walmart and it was so whacked out and paranoid, like joining a cult. I have a distaste now for any kind of work at Walmart or even shopping there. I avoid Walmart at all cost unless it was the last store still standing. That screwed up "job interview" on their part really pissed me off. It was like all the the ranks of Walmart staff were retarded. They made a bad impression on me. They made my colleagues, at the time, from Hudson's Bay Company (Divisions) look like geniuses. Now, they are both equally "DUH".

Posted on 25 November 2011

im thinking of working here part time, make some extra cash around my school hours, would this be a good job? im a hard worker and just finished a 3 year contract sooo....

Posted on 30 September 2011

This is the ever growing problem with every retail or other types of corporations. They are only a few good, motivating, good example staff amongst a flood of mediocre, incompetent, psychotic workers. It's hard for the few good staff (all rank levels

Posted on 13 June 2011